Next in our series of posts about new Charitocracy nominees, we have nominee Sea Change Partnership, nominated by donor
jennagwaltney. Sea Change Partnership work directly with the Outer Banks Latino community to promote education and encourage cross-cultural understanding. You can find their web site here.
A few words on Charitocracy
Firstly, for newcomers: here's how it works. Donors pool their monthly contributions, as little as $1. The cause with the most votes each month wins the pot. No matter how much or how little you contribute, each donor at Charitocracy gets one vote. This is where charity meets democracy. So please share this post (scroll down for social sharing icons) and ask your friends to join us and vote! That's how we spread the word and, as a result, grow the monthly pot. The bigger the pot, the bigger our positive impact on the world!
About nominee Sea Change Partnership
The Wave of Partnership
Sea Change Partnership works directly with the Outer Banks Latino community to promote education and encourage cross cultural understanding.
Our current priorities are to:
- Teach multi-level adult ESL classes
- Communicate through personal YouTube videos
- Create a bilingual cookbook of original Latino recipes
Our mission is to:
- Contribute to partnerships with civic and nonprofit organizations within our community
- Create family awareness of the importance of education and social engagement
- Nurture resilience in our families by identifying and building on existing strengths
- Share strategies for teaching English Learners with teachers, tutors, and volunteers
- Organize special cultural events to foster cross cultural interaction
- Provide additional learning opportunities for the entire family
So visit the page of nominee Sea Change Partnership to vote for, like, or discuss this cause! And spend a few minutes watching their introductory video, where a sibling team of community members interview their leaders about the origins of Sea Change Partnership. (Love the flashlight microphone!)