Next in our series of posts about new Charitocracy nominees, we have nominee Nova Ukraine, nominated by donor
carolinatim. They raise awareness about Ukraine in the US and throughout the world and provide humanitarian aid to Ukraine. You can find their web site here.
A few words on Charitocracy
Firstly, for newcomers: here's how it works. Donors pool their monthly contributions, as little as $1. The cause with the most votes each month wins the pot. No matter how much or how little you contribute, each donor at Charitocracy gets one vote. This is where charity meets democracy. So please share this post (see social sharing icons at top of post) and ask your friends to join us and vote! That's how we spread the word and, as a result, grow the monthly pot. The bigger the pot, the bigger our positive impact on the world!
About nominee Nova Ukraine
Delivering emergency aid to the Ukrainian Refugees
March 11, 2022
It's day 15 of War. Civilians in Ukraine - men, women, and children - are suffering greatly from this unjustifiable Russian aggression. The war is impacting Ukrainians in the most horrific ways: homes and hospitals are being destroyed by Russian field artillery, aviation bombs, and tank shells; loved ones are lost, and families are being torn apart.
Over 2 million people have fled the country since the start of the Russian invasion, with millions more displaced within Ukraine according to UNHCR. As this attack continues, this number will only continue to grow.
HOW NOVA UKRAINE IS HELPING REFUGEES:
- Directing evacuation requests from citizens in cities being affected most such as Kharkiv, Mykolayiv and Kyiv
- Building a network of volunteers in Ukraine, Europe, and the US to provide and share vital resources to refugees such as available housing, online health services and humanitarian support at the border
- Providing assistance via email and a dedicated hotline to affected civilians seeking help
- Helping to secure legal assistance for refugees when they arrive in the US
- Funding local Ukrainian partners and organizations who are able to deliver immediate assistance to those in need by providing food, hygiene items, medical supplies, evacuation transport, etc.)
- Preparing to welcome refugees in the US by building a network of lawyers who will be able to provide legal assistance, sourcing information on how to find shelter, and assembling essential items such as clothes and food.
HERE ARE SOME HIGHLIGHTS FROM OUR RECENT INITIATIVES:
- Working with students from Stanford University, we have secured a cargo plane which will allow us to ship much-needed medical supplies directly to Ukraine. We are also working on scheduling additional cargo planes to transport items which are currently difficult to buy in Europe.
- Purchased $250K worth of packaged meals which will be distributed by the Ukrainian government to people in need.
- Through a partnership with Euromaidan-Warszawa, $300K worth of first aid kits have successfully been delivered to Ukraine.
So please visit the page of nominee Nova Ukraine to vote for, like, or discuss this cause! And check out this news story from KPIX CBS in San Francisco during the earliest days of the Russian invasion covering how Nova Ukraine is helping Ukrainian refugees.