At Charitocracy, we pool our donations each month and vote on the charity to get it. Check out the donor-nominated charities below.

Pan-Mass Challenge logo
Pan-Mass Challenge

Tagged: ,

• Nominator
    Nominated Cause

Jenn
    4 people like it.
    Please wait...
    Voting is currently disabled.
    Processing your vote...
    Voting is currently disabled.
    This is the official discussion thread for the cause Pan-Mass Challenge. Its EIN is 04-2746912 and it's a public charity based in Needham, MA. Research more info about the cause on GuideStar and Charity Navigator.

Pan-Mass Challenge logo
    We raise money for cancer research and treatment at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute through an annual bike-a-thon that crosses Massachusetts.

What is the PMC?  The PMC is a 2 day, 200 mile bike-a-thon that takes place every August in Massachusetts. 100% of all rider-raised monies go DIRECTLY to the Dana Farber Cancer Institute (DFCI) in Boston. DFCI not only offers treatment and compassionate care, it also conducts RESEARCH that translates the latest discoveries into better treatments for patients all over the world. It raises MORE MONEY for charity than any other single athletic event in the country, donating 51 million dollars to DFCI just last year alone! Sine the PMC started in 1980, almost $600 million dollars has been donated.

My mom was the inspiration behind my first PMC ride. She bravely fought Stage 3 cancer and ultimately had to have a stem cell transplant which saved her life. Once you ride the PMC, you are hooked! You meet thousands of people from all around the country- all with different reasons for riding and of different athletic abilities. I’ve met a fellow rider that was being treated for brain cancer as well as a fellow rider that had lost a leg due to his disease. We come together for one reason- to rid this world of cancer!

Please check out their website http://www.pmc.org if you would like more information. Think about riding it one year- it will change your life!

Your vote is much appreciated, thank you for reading.

If this charity is selected, the monies will be donated via Matt Wingate’s riding profile, MW0117, to ensure that 100% of the funds go directly to the cause.

Also read Charitocracy's blog post about Pan-Mass Challenge!