At Charitocracy, we pool our donations each month and vote on the charity to get it. Check out the donor-nominated charities below.

Sterling Animal Shelter logo
Sterling Animal Shelter

Tagged: 

• Nominator
    Nominated Cause

mom2angel
    14 people like it.
    Please wait...
    Voting is currently disabled.
    Processing your vote...
    Voting is currently disabled.
    This is the official discussion thread for the cause Sterling Animal Shelter. Its EIN is 04-3236868 and it's a public charity based in Sterling, MA. Research more info about the cause on GuideStar and Charity Navigator.

Sterling Animal Shelter logo
    No-kill animal shelter that provides humane sheltering and care for stray, unwanted, abused, and neglected animals.

Help Meggie save the kitties!

When my daughter Meghan died unexpectedly the week before Christmas, at the age of 3, I requested donations be made to the Sterling Animal Shelter (AKA Animal Shelter, Inc.) because she absolutely loved animals, especially kitties!  It seemed like the right thing to do. They were so touched and grateful for the donations they received, they dedicated their cat adoption room in her memory and call her their “Kitty Angel.”

Every December, we visit the (no kill) shelter and donate what we can to help them provide care and safe haven for abandoned pets until they find their furever home.  I’d be honored if you would consider voting for Sterling shelter this month, in memory of Meg and for all the fur babies waiting for loving homes, and make it a very meowy Christmas.

A bit more about the shelter:  The Animal Shelter Inc. of Sterling, Massachusetts is a non-profit organization (formed in 1988 ) and no-kill animal shelter with no time or age restrictions. The shelter exists to provide humane sheltering and high quality medical care for stray, unwanted, abused and neglected animals and to find loving, lifelong homes for orphaned pets.

The staff is dedicated to finding good homes for adoptable pets and we continue to promote responsible pet ownership and to improve the quality of life for the animals and people in our community. The Shelter is supported entirely by donations from private individuals and through surrender and adoption fees. The Animal Shelter, Inc. does not receive support from the United Way or from federal, state or local governments. Our on-site veterinary clinic cares for almost 3,000 animals that come through our shelter yearly and provides a low/no cost spay/neuter, general wellness program assisting local animal control officers, shelters and breed rescues.

Thank you for your consideration!

Proud mom of a kitty angel

Also read Charitocracy's blog post about Sterling Animal Shelter!
    • This topic was modified 4 years ago by  Benj.
  • Commenter
    Comments

Coppcarr

I think this is a lovely way to honor Meggie this month!  I’m in! (If I can figure out how to change my vote 😉

ssvanguard

Voting for Meggie’s kitties!

One thought on “Sterling Animal Shelter”

1. Pingback: Spotlight on Sterling Animal Shelter - Charitocracy