- Nominated Cause
- Like us, follow, & share:This is the official discussion thread for the cause Americares. Its EIN is 06-1008595 and it's a public charity based in Stamford, CT. Research more info about the cause on GuideStar and Charity Navigator.
Americares have delivered $17+ billion in quality medical aid and innovative health programs to 164 countries, including the U.S., since 1979.
More than a year ago, I was reading yet another heartbreaking story about Venezuela. I searched the internet for a way to help those people, and stumbled upon Americares. (They have a much bigger mission field than just helping Venezuelans, but that was how I found them. They give free healthcare to Venezuelans fleeing their country into Columbia, which also helps Columbia, whose own system is overwhelmed by the influx. Can you imagine being an expectant young couple, unable to get prenatal care or even feed yourself enough to avoid malnourishment while you were pregnant? Or get medicine for your sick child? I can’t! From their website:
“What is Americares?
Americares is a health-focused relief and development organization that saves lives and improves health for people affected by poverty or disaster. Since it was established in 1979, Americares has distributed more than $18 billion in humanitarian aid to 164 countries.
What does Americares do?
Americares supports a network of more than 4,000 health centers worldwide with life-changing health programs, medicine and medical supplies.
- Help communities prepare for, respond to and recover from disasters;
- Increase access to critical medicine and medical supplies;
- Improve and expand clinical services;
- Prevent disease and promote good health in vulnerable communities.”