At Charitocracy, we pool our donations each month and vote on the charity to get it. Check out the donor-nominated charities below.

mikeroweWORKS Foundation logo
mikeroweWORKS Foundation

Tagged: 

• Nominator
    Nominated Cause

emily0153
    44 people like it.
    Please wait...
    Voting is currently disabled.
    Processing your vote...
    Voting is currently disabled.
    This is the official discussion thread for the cause mikeroweWORKS Foundation. Its EIN is 26-4324338 and it's a public charity based in Los Angeles, CA. Research more info about the cause on GuideStar and Charity Navigator.

mikeroweWORKS Foundation logo
    We challenge the stigmas and stereotypes that discourage people from pursuing the millions of available jobs.

The mikeroweWORKS Foundation is a 501(c)(3) public charity that rewards people with a passion to get trained for skilled jobs that actually exist. As CEO of the Foundation, Mike Rowe spends a significant amount of time speaking about the country’s dysfunctional relationship with work, highlighting the widening skills gap, and challenging the persistent belief that a four-year degree is automatically the best path for the most people.
    Through its scholarship programs, including the Work Ethic Scholarship Program, the Foundation provides financial assistance to qualified individuals with a desire to learn a skill that is in demand.

Also read Charitocracy's blog post about mikeroweWORKS Foundation!
  • Commenter
    Comments

rbetts

Guidestar reports very little information on the charity; primarily they give money to a scholarship fund via another scholarship organization? Do you know of concrete work that is done by this charity or what the method of selecting a scholarship winner is?

emily0153

It looks like they have a few different types of scholarships. One for people getting trained in skilled jobs that are in demand, one for punching tools for students in trade schools, one for students going to the SkillsUSA competitions, and one that is for a specific trade school (I think). I don’t know anyone personally that has received a scholarship from this organization. This link might better answer your questions.   http://profoundlydisconnected.com/foundation/

Papa

Hey Mike Rowe works supporters/voters could i interest you in a vote swap. Switch your vote to comfort cases and help support kids in foster care. The kids really deserve luggage better than a garbage bag. Help comfort cases this month and I will help Mike Rowe works next month.

Caitlin

Yo – you need to go and vote for Mike Rowe this month this is where the Nicholson’s are voting 🙂