At Charitocracy, we pool our donations each month and vote on the charity to get it. Check out the donor-nominated charities below.

Comfort Cases logo
Comfort Cases

Tagged: 

• Nominator
    Nominated Cause

OBXHubands
    33 people like it.
    Please wait...
    Voting is currently disabled.
    Processing your vote...
    Voting is currently disabled.
    This is the official discussion thread for the cause Comfort Cases. Its EIN is 46-4044090 and it's a public charity based in Rockville, MD. Research more info about the cause on GuideStar and Charity Navigator.

Comfort Cases logo
    We provide a proper bag, filled with comfort and essential items, to the brave youth in foster care on their journey to find their forever home.

I believe that all kids deserve to feel loved and that they matter. Kids entering or in the foster care system are dealing with so much to begin with.   Not having any control of their situation, often feeling unwanted and unloved and then to carry their belongings around in trash bags, like garbage, is completely unacceptable to me.   This organization works to provide foster kids with bags and supplies. http://www.nomoretrashbags.org
    Their Story
    “I remember the first day Amaya came to stay with us. She was four years old, moving into her third foster home and carrying her entire life in a white trash bag,” said Comfort Cases founder Rob Scheer.

“Having experienced foster care myself, I was disgusted to see a child forced to carry around their things like they were garbage. We took her out to buy new clothes and she picked out a Cinderella nightgown.”

“From that moment, I knew we needed to make a change.”

Also read Charitocracy's blog post about Comfort Cases!
    • This topic was modified 4 years ago by  Benj.
  • Commenter
    Comments

rbetts

Thanks for surfacing this charity! What a sweet and simple cause.