- Nominated Cause
- This is the official discussion thread for the cause The You Rock Foundation. Its EIN is 47-1941178 and it's a private foundation based in Kinnelon, NJ. Research more info about the cause on GuideStar and Charity Navigator.
The You Rock Foundation seek to pull those suffering out of the dark and show them the possibilities of moving forward with life, using music as a backdrop.
I’m nominating The You Rock Foundation. With music they are working to help individuals overcome depression and find hope, while battling the stigmas and ignorance that exist about depression and mental health, especially suicide.
From their website:
It’s estimated that nearly twenty million people are affected by depression in the United States. Left untreated, depression can lead to feelings of hopelessness, decreased neurological function, interpersonal isolation, and loss of interest in activities previously enjoyed. Depression remains the largest perpetuator of suicide. Suicide is the third leading cause of death amongst adolescents ages fifteen to twenty four and the second leading cause of death in college students.
The You Rock Foundation was created to serve as a safe haven for those who have suffered or are currently suffering. Using music as a backdrop, You Rock seeks to pull those suffering out of the dark and show them the possibilities of moving forward with life.
- Spread Awareness – Using popular bands and artists as a catalyst for communication.
- Educate – Battling stigmas, ignorance, and embracing acceptance.
- Empower – Giving everyone the power to choose through sharing and inspiration.
- Thrive – Seeking hope and positive actions to live a life that rocks.