At Charitocracy, we pool our donations each month and vote on the charity to get it. Check out the donor-nominated charities below.

Special Olympics

Tagged: , ,

• Nominator
    Nominated Cause

obxsunny
    39 people like it.
    Please wait...
    Voting is currently disabled.
    Processing your vote...
    Voting is currently disabled.
    This is the official discussion thread for the cause Special Olympics. Its EIN is 52-0889518 and it's a public charity based in Washington, DC. Research more info about the cause on GuideStar and Charity Navigator.

We provide sports training and athletic competition in a variety of sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities.

Special Olympics is a sports organization for children and adults with intellectual disabilities, providing year-round training and competitions to athletes throughout the US and also internationally.  It is headquartered in DC but operates in just about every city, almost certainly in yours also!  I volunteer in my local community helping the athletes get better at swimming.  Check out my one minute video and please vote for Special Olympics!  Thank you for your help!

Members of our swim team went to the Summer Games in Raleigh and did great!  Here is a link to the newspaper story in the Outer Banks Sentinel:

http://www.obsentinel.com/sports/dare-county-special-olympians-shine-at-the-summer-games/collection_bed9c77c-4f9f-11e7-9643-2b3be8b61141.html/?page=1

Also read Charitocracy's blog post about Special Olympics!
    • This topic was modified 6 years ago by  obxsunny.

2 thoughts on “Special Olympics”

1. Pingback: Spotlight on Special Olympics - Charitocracy
  2. Pingback: Apple Pay is finally here! - Charitocracy