At Charitocracy, we pool our donations each month and vote on the charity to get it. Check out the donor-nominated charities below.

The Movement for Black Lives logo
The Movement for Black Lives

Tagged: 

• Nominator
    Nominated Cause

jessica.e....
    64 people like it.
    Please wait...
    Voting is currently disabled.
    Processing your vote...
    Voting is currently disabled.
    This is the official discussion thread for the cause The Movement for Black Lives. Its EIN is 52-2094677 and it's a public charity based in Tucson, AZ. Research more info about the cause on GuideStar and Charity Navigator.

The Movement for Black Lives logo
    We create a shared vision and policy agenda to win rights, recognition, and resources for Black people.

Now, more than ever, we need to invest in the movement for justice for black lives in this country. Money is an essential tool for sustaining system change, and The Movement for Black Lives is on the forefront of that work.

The Movement for Black Lives (M4BL) is a fiscally sponsored project at the Alliance for Global Justice, which hosts a rich variety of human rights organizations, local and global. M4BL describe themselves as “an ecosystem of individuals and organizations creating a shared vision and policy agenda to win rights, recognition, and resources for Black people. In doing so, the movement makes it possible for us, and therefore everyone, to live healthy and fruitful lives.”

The Movement for Black Lives is made up of hundreds of organizations that coordinate actions, messages and campaigns. Organizations like: Black Alliance for Justice Immigration, Blackbird, Black Lives Matter Network, Black Organizing for Leadership and Dignity, Blackout Collective, Black Youth Project 100, Color of Change, Dignity and Power Now, Freedom Inc, Million Hoodies Movement for Justice, Organization for Black Struggle, Project South, Southerners on New Ground, UndocuBlack Network, Law4Black Lives, Black Movement Law Project, Community Justice Project and many others.

Learn more here: https://m4bl.org/

Also read Charitocracy's blog post about The Movement for Black Lives!
  • Commenter
    Comments

jessica.e....

Hey all,

As we get closer and closer to Election Day, I urge us to contribute this month’s pot to the Movement for Black Lives in order to support the numerous voting registration campaigns that groups under this umbrella are spearheading. From local to state to national elections, this is a critical time to support Black Lives Matter at the polls and with our $.

Thank you!

Robin

Lets keep this movement top of mind during the dizzying next few weeks + even more so post-election.

Only the RGB SCOTUS seat is the only topic more urgent.

RoamX

Dear BLM Voters,

Please consider switching your vote to Feeding America for the remainder of September.  If those of us that have an interest in contributing to national causes don’t start voting as a bloc, we will once again see our money go to the Outer Banks this month.  Next month, back to BLM.

Nancy P

If Feeding America wins this month, I’m voting  for Black Lives Matter.  Please let me know what organization you’ve decided to nominate.  And why that particular organization. I’m open to local or national groups.  Here is a link with some info on where to vote. https://nymag.com/strategist/article/where-to-donate-for-black-lives-matter.html

Thanks to all. I live on the Outer Banks and publish a weekly newsletter called OBXCommonGood on nonprofits, programs, events and volunteer opportunity.  There is a strong community spirit and a lot of pride. We face the same issues that the country faces, only on a much smaller scale.  I hope the good people here will continue their donations to the Common Good everywhere.  Thanks.

Benj

Movement for Black Lives (M4BL) is the nominated nonprofit here.  Its name does lend itself to confusion since it sounds like the entire movement, but it is actually a fiscally sponsored 501(c)(3) at the Alliance for Global Justice. And it’s one of the movement’s most impactful right now. 💡