At Charitocracy, we pool our donations each month and vote on the charity to get it. Check out the donor-nominated charities below.

WomenHeart logo
WomenHeart

Tagged: ,

• Nominator
    Nominated Cause

StephL
    40 people like it.
    Please wait...
    Voting is currently disabled.
    Processing your vote...
    Voting is currently disabled.
    This is the official discussion thread for the cause WomenHeart. Its EIN is 52-2148006 and it's a public charity based in Washington, DC. Research more info about the cause on GuideStar and Charity Navigator.

WomenHeart logo
    We are the first and only national patient-centered organization dedicated to serving women with heart disease. Their community is here for you.

Kim - WomenHeart

WomenHeart is the only national organization solely devoted to advancing women’s heart health through advocacy, community education and patient support. WomenHeart is both a coalition and a community of more than 35,000 members nationwide, including women heart patients and their families, physicians and health advocates committed to helping women live longer, healthier lives.

I am nominating WomenHeart in honor of my cousin, who passed away on October 15, 2016.

While my cousin was alive, she was active as a Community Educator for the WomenHeart organization, educating other women of the dangers of heart disease.  My cousin leaves behind a husband and 2 young daughters and a loving extended family. We are saddened and left with an enormous void in our hearts with her passing. I am pleased to help carry on her legacy by bringing attention to this deadly disease.

Thank you for considering this charity for your vote this month.

Also read Charitocracy's blog post about WomenHeart!
    • This topic was modified 4 years ago by  Benj.
  • Commenter
    Comments

StephL

Happy February! In honor of February being Heart month ❤ I would love to see this cause get more attention this month.  Knowing the signs of Heart disease is near and dear to my heart ❤ and I would love to raise awareness and funds for this terrible disease. Thank you for your consideration.  ❤

obxlisa

You have my vote!  I am all about Heart health, and that is always perfect for February!

StephL

Thank you!

My cousin was doing so much to educate and help women like herself, who found themselves with heart issues, so early in life. The little bit we could send their way could do so much and would mean even more to be in her memory.

For those interested in learning more…

This page has a lot of great information about heart risks in Women. Facts about Heart Disease in Women .

Don’t forget to wear Red on Friday!

StephL

Would love to see this cause win in February! Please consider voting in honor of my cousin. Thanks.

StephL

Giving WomenhHeart love this month, in honor of heart health and my cousin. Please join me in boasting this cause!! ❤️❤️

StephL

In October 2021 it will be 5 years since we lost my cousin to heart disease. I would love to see WomenHeart win in October in her memory or before that! I would love to see people rally for this cause. Thank you for your support.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by  StephL. Reason: Typo

StephL

Just my yearly push for Women Heart in Feb in honor of ❤️ month. Please consider voting for this worthy cause in honor of my cousin, who we lost almost 5 1/2 years ago. She would be turning 42 this year, on March 4th. Help me send a check to a great charity that helped her and others to remember her birthday. Thanks in advance for considering changing your current vote.  http://Women heart.org

StephL

Thank you all for getting WomenHeart to the top 3! In honor of my cousin’s birthday I would be thrilled to have WomenHeart win this month. I know we support a lot of wonderful organization but the reality of heart disease in women is it is a silent killer. Thank you for your votes to increase heart health awareness!

StephL

Thank you to everyone that is helping get WomenHeart the nod this month!!