At Charitocracy, we pool our donations each month and vote on the charity to get it. Check out the donor-nominated charities below.

LittleBricks Charity logo
LittleBricks Charity

Tagged: ,

• Nominator
    Nominated Cause

Bubba
    38 people like it.
    Please wait...
    Voting is currently disabled.
    Processing your vote...
    Voting is currently disabled.
    This is the official discussion thread for the cause LittleBricks Charity. Its EIN is 83-3913042 and it's a public charity based in Chesapeake, VA. Research more info about the cause on GuideStar and Charity Navigator.

LittleBricks Charity logo
    We build BIG smiles on kids who truly deserve to smile by delivering LEGO sets to children's hospitals and directly to kids.

Our Mission | LittleBricks Charity

This is for all of the Lego lovers who build with abandon on Christmas morning for hours in their pajamas. You know who you are!

Russell Cassevah of Chesapeake, Va., broke the record by walking barefoot over 120 feet of Lego bricks. He was inspired to break the record to raise donations for a charity in England named Fairy Bricks, who had 2,000 Lego sets stolen from their truck as they were being delivered to sick children in hospitals. 

Cassevah’s current goal revolves around delivering LEGO sets to children who have cancer through his hospital tour in the US. Some families post their heartwarming responses to TikTok. On his last trip he went to 13 hospitals, gave out more than $50,000 worth of LEGOs and helped nearly 4,000 kids.

“I quit my job, so I cashed in my 401(k) so I can pay myself for the next year,” Cassevah said. “I’m going at this until the day I die. It’s why I was put on this earth.”

Now he donates to hospitals all over the United States. Recently, Guinness World Record holder,  Russell Cassevah, donated $5,000 worth of Lego sets to children being cared for at Massachusetts General Hospital.

One of the reasons why Lego is so good for the brain is that it builds concentration span. The more a child is immersed and “lost” in an activity, the more a child’s ability to focus develops.

Bonus: For a little while, this child (in the hospital) is able to forget where they are and why they are there and just enjoy the build.

If you love Legos, vote for it! If you love children but hate that they are in the hospital, you vote for it!

Let’s get more Legos into the hands of children who need them most.

Also read Charitocracy's blog post about LittleBricks Charity!
  • Commenter
    Comments

Bethany

I can’t tell if the lego sets are second-hand or new…unfortunately we have a massive plastic pollution problem and if this charity is inadvertently contributing to more plastic production, then it’s hard to vote for, despite the good intentions.  If they were definitely donating second-hand lego sets, that would be amazing.