Skip to content
- You can embed videos from Youtube, TikTok, Vimeo, Twitter, Flickr, Reddit, and others right into your post by simply copying the URL and pasting it into your post.
- No special tags are needed, it's really that simple. You just need to click the share button (often an arrow or a paper airplane icon) to reveal the URL, starting with
- For example, just enter a line like this into your post and watch the magic happen:
- See here for a full list of participating sites. Your mileage may vary.
- That list above contains several sites that host images, so if you can get your image(s) onto one of them, like Flickr, then it's as easy as posting a video.
- Charitocracy does not accept image uploads (other than your avatars), so images you use will have to be uploaded somewhere, anywhere publicly accessible, on the web.
- Right-clicking (or your browser equivalent) for copying an image link will often give you the URL you need to proceed.
- Then in the post editor, click the Insert/Edit Image tool button, supply the URL for the image from the previous step, supply a text description, and the pixel dimensions of the image as you'd like it to appear in the post.
- Be sure the image you use is either your original creative work or that its use would be considered Fair Use under copyright law.
- Beware of using images that are only visible to you while logged into the source web site, or only accessible for a limited time. Other users will only see broken image links in this situation.
- One or two videos are often much more compelling than a lot of images!
And remember, if you make a mistake, don't sweat it! You can edit and re-edit your nomination posts and comments indefinitely, and continually improve them if you want.
- If you just want to link to another site, nothing fancy, you can simply paste the URL into your post similar to how we handle videos. No tags needed.
- If you want to change the visible text of the link so it's not just the URL itself, or if you want to make the page load in another tab/window, then you'll need to use the Insert/Edit Link tool button in the post editor instead.
- Supply the URL, then click the Gear button to customize the link text and check the box to make it load the new page in a new browser tab (generally preferred).