At Charitocracy, we pool our donations each month and vote on the charity to get it. Check out the donor-nominated charities below.

The IOCC Foundation logo
The IOCC Foundation

Tagged: 

• Nominator
    Nominated Cause

StephL
    3 people like it.
    Please wait...
    Voting is currently disabled.
    Processing your vote...
    Voting is currently disabled.
    This is the official discussion thread for the cause The IOCC Foundation. Its EIN is 86-1131936 and it's a supporting organization based in Baltimore, MD. Research more info about the cause on GuideStar and Charity Navigator.

The IOCC Foundation logo
    We support humanitarian relief and development programs and provide seed money to establish new programs and initiatives.

IOCC provides humanitarian aid both locally and internationally to people affected by natural and man made disasters and war. In the spirit of Christ’s love, IOCC offers emergency relief and development programs to those in need worldwide, without discrimination. 

Since its inception in 1992, IOCC has provided more than $771 million in humanitarian relief and sustainable development programs to people facing hardship. All assistance is provided solely on the basis of need. Current programs focus on emergency preparedness and response; sustainable livelihoods; water, sanitation, and hygiene; health; and food security and agriculture in places including Ethiopia, Greece, Lebanon, Syria, Uganda, and the United States.

Also read Charitocracy's blog post about The IOCC Foundation!
  • Commenter
    Comments

StephL

One reason I like to support IOCC is that they have boots on the ground in countries throughout the world and when disaster strikes they can mobilize quickly. Their resources can be directed to the greatest current need, whether it is war torn Ukraine or earthquake relief in Syria/Turkey. Or maybe closer to home after floods, fires or earthquakes. They also leverage their ability to get grants and funding, to make our smaller dollars go further and work harder.

I would love to see IOCC take one of these last pots because I am confident a variety of needs will be met with their aid.